Rebuilding According to Pattern with Jesus
40 “Be sure that you make everything according to the pattern I have shown you here on the mountain. Exodus 25:40 NLT
40 Study the design you were given on the mountain and make everything accordingly. Exodus 25:40 MSG
7 Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7 NLT
How did I embrace the journey to rebuild and turnaround my life, faith, work, business, finances and health? I discovered that the Lord had a unique design and blueprint for my life. I discovered that irrespective of how tough and hopeless the situation might look, with Jesus in the boat of my life, I have access to the source of information concerning God’s plans for my life to experience a turnaround.
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
In October 2016, I preached a message at our inaugural Expectation Sunday titled, The Power of Expectation – Think Big, Plan Big, I Have a Big God it changed my perspective completely. It made me realise the power of receiving and accessing information from God to receive divine direction to rebuild and experience a turnaround in life.
Like the woman with the issue of blood, I needed to have a power of expectation for a turnaround in my life by seeking God for His plans for my life, receive the directions to implement them and then work diligently to fulfil them even when I don’t have a precedence to the instruction and direction I receive.
In 2019, our year of Divine Achievements, the Lord gave us a word – 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT
This further clarified and confirmed to me that God is the Architect of my life; as a newly created person in Christ, He has a blueprint for me to follow and experience a fulfilled, abundant and purposeful life. All I needed to do is ask Him and He will show me.
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. John 10:10 AMP
Irrespective of what life might throw at me, I held on to the firm belief that I have been redeemed, renewed and restored to achieve the good plans God has prepared for your life. I must not allow any situation to be a hindrance to me experiencing a fulfilled, abundant and purposeful life.
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 NLT
God is interested in every detail, every area, every aspect of my life; it is a journey and as a close friend once said, “It is the steps of the godly, not the escalator of the godly!” that the Lord directs.
In other words, it is as:
I embrace and endure the process by process = I make progress by progress
I receive information by information = I take steps by steps
I receive inspiration by inspiration = I act by faith by faith
I receive clarity by clarity = I take action by action
I receive wisdom by wisdom = I use strategy by strategy
I receive instructions by instructions = I obey to get results by results
I receive direction by direction = I follow to obtain testimonies by testimonies
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT
I am God’s masterpiece, for as long as I can see His vision for my life, I owe it a duty to myself and to Him to be diligent to achieve the good things He planned for me long ago. Others might not see what God is planning to do in my life, it is not for them to see, it is for me to see it, embrace it and be intentional in achieving it with amazing results.
10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, Colossians 1:10 NIV
So, by the Lord’s leading I keep seeing myself as a Kingdom Achiever producing fruit in every good work and at every opportunity I keep declaring I am a Kingdom Achiever producing fruit in every good work even when the results were still incubating. I was intentional to keep at His instructions doing what does not make sense to human reasoning so that I can rebuild and experience a turnaround that reveals the power and help of God in the life of a man, bringing glory to His holy name.
– It didn’t make sense to keep running a growing church with dwindling resources, but I held on to the promises of God that I am a Kingdom Achiever producing fruit in every good work prepared for #RaisingKingdomAchievers producing fruit in every good work. I stayed in my assignment and place of assignment, working hard and smart, not giving up and in the fullness of time, the Lord proved Himself faithful!
– It didn’t make sense to write a book, Diary of a Coincidental Pastor, Embracing the Divine Appointment in your Disappointments on my less than 1 year experience as a Pastor but the Lord used it as a foundation to rebuild my publishing business
– It didn’t make sense to contact the MD of a Bank asking for assistance to reopen a closed business account, but the Lord honoured my step of faith and act of obedience to grant me favour and help to miraculously reopen the business account
– It didn’t make sense to search for milkman vacancies when I heard a news clip on reducing plastic use, but the Lord used it as a foundation to rebuild my work and write a publication about the experience
– It didn’t make sense to buy a second car for the family even when finances were tight and bills were yet to be paid, but the Lord honoured my step of faith and act of obedience to miraculously provide the required funds to complete the purchase of the car and use this as a foundation to rebuild the transport capacity for my family
– It didn’t make sense to start An Audience with the King Conference in 2017 with the theme – Amazing Grace, but the Lord is using it as a forum to educate, equip and empower us for greater exploits and used it to restore to me the concept of Conference Digest
– It didn’t make sense to return for a full time education programme, but the Lord used it as a foundation to rebuild my education and personal development and secure a grant for a public engagement with science project
– It didn’t make sense to keep nurturing my publishing business even when it seemed it wasn’t working, but the Lord used it as a foundation to rebuild my finances and develop multiple streams of income
– It didn’t make sense to be determined to deliver the public engagement with science project, but the Lord used it as a foundation to rebuild my professional career
– It didn’t make sense to be overstretched when delivering competing workloads leading to a personal loss of a business asset (vehicle), but the Lord used it as a foundation to reward me with a brand new premium business asset (electric vehicle) and an opportunity to acquire video editing skills
– It didn’t make sense when my workload increased to include video editing for the Church Online Service, but the Lord used it as a foundation to reward me with a unique project that combines my roles as a pastor and science communicator
– It didn’t make sense that we continue the work of the Kingdom as a growing Church, but the Lord is using it as a foundation to raise Kingdom Achievers producing fruit in every good work to impact their communities
– It didn’t make sense to keep nurturing my publishing business even when it seemed it wasn’t working, but the Lord used it as a foundation to give me a new project – Rebuilding Your Life with Jesus
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. Hebrews 6:15 NKJV
15 Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised. Hebrews 6:15 NLT
I was ridiculed and mocked; what you are doing is not working, what you are saying will not work. However, I have learnt that progress is made by starting the process, enduring the process, walking in obedience, trust and faith in God’s divine leading. And I believed passionately like Nehemiah did that the God of heaven will help me succeed, therefore, I will arise and keep rebuilding according to pattern with Jesus.
18 Then I told them about how the gracious hand of God had been on me, and about my conversation with the king. They replied at once, “Yes, let’s rebuild the wall!” So they began the good work. 19 But when Sanballat, Tobiah, and Geshem the Arab heard of our plan, they scoffed contemptuously. “What are you doing? Are you rebelling against the king?” they asked. 20 I replied, “The God of heaven will help us succeed. We, his servants, will start rebuilding this wall. But you have no share, legal right, or historic claim in Jerusalem.” Nehemiah 2:18 – 20 NLT
There were many oppositions, hindrances and trials; but I overcame holding to God’s promises for my life.
21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. Romans 4:21 NLT
24 God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful. 1 Thessalonians 5:24 NLT
It wasn’t easy; there were instances of doubt, discouragement, mistakes, events of life. Nevertheless I picked myself up and kept plodding on, determined, resolute and full of assurance that I’ve come too far in this journey, making many sacrifices along the way, learning new things along the way, encountering the power, provision, protection and presence of God along the way; I had to be persistent, I had to persevere, I had to patiently endure to obtain the fulfilment of His promises.
I just couldn’t couldn’t give up, a lot has been invested in my life; as a profitable servant, I had to produce a return to be blessed, become a blessing by impacting lives and bringing glory to my Master and King. And as Jehovah El-Shaddai does His things, He came through, He knitted all the areas of the journey together into a wonderful story of His faithfulness and grace, He made all things beautiful in my life.
“11 He has made everything beautiful in its time…..” Ecclesiastes 3:11a NIV
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28 NLT
It was never about it making sense to human reasoning; it was about the divine information received, the divine blueprint shown and then making sure you act by faith on the information and design received. It is about living a life of total dependence on the divine direction of the Most High God to achieve His vision and purpose for your life.
The journey continues with restored hope, revived passion and renewed strength, with full trust and confidence in Almighty God to continue to do greater exploits with undeniable testimonies and amazing results in Jesus name, amen
With Jesus in the boat of your life, you can rebuild and turnaround your life, faith, family, work, business, finances and health.